“Shack-and-slash” dungeon crawler Boyfriend Dungeon will be available for Xbox One and PC via the Microsoft Store, as well as via Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC, alongside its previously announced Switch and Steam versions when it launches later in 2021, developer Kitfox Games announced.
“Why should other consoles get all the fun of kissing weapons?!?? Xbox fans deserve swords to smooch too,” said director and designer Tanya X. Short in a press release. “We’re in the midst of finishing up the game and announcing voice actors, and now seemed like as good a time as any to also say we’re partnering with Microsoft to bring Xbox fans that premiere shack-and-slash content.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Kitfox Games:
Plunder the dunj as you fend off dangerous monsters and take your weapons on romantic dates. Woo your weapons in this flirty, playful, and welcoming world filled with mastery in the procedurally generated dungeon. Serving up a dose of summer-time fling nostalgia, take your dates out as you uncover their stories and level them up. Embark on blossoming relationships with your weapon cuties as you capture their hearts in friendship and in love. In this light-hearted, fantastical shack-and-slash filled with adventure, improve your skills and fend off the monsters together because the couple that slays together, stays together.
- Date up to seven weapons, from dancing swords to heart-piercing daggers.
- Generated action-combat dunj and challenges! Stay sharp!
- Various combat styles. For example, hit hard and dodge quickly with the dagger, or take on crowds with Lasersaber.
- Each weapon type feels and plays differently.
- Inclusive, tasteful approach to gender and sexuality, including male, female, and non-binary romance.
- Let’s get to the point: take your weapon-babes on romantic outings, such as to the club or the beach.
Watch a new trailer below.
Update: This post originally listed an Xbox Series version in addition to Xbox One, but when contacted by Gematsu, developer Kitfox Games was not able to confirm whether it will release a native Xbox Series version of Boyfriend Dungeon.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.