CoD Mobile Season 9 is here, as the popular handheld title gears up for another big Halloween event. From new weapons and maps to the return of Undead Siege, here’s included in the huge October 20 update.
Another new season in CoD Mobile has finally arrived after Season 8 and the second-anniversary celebrations begin to wind down. As always, players are in store for another massive update with tons of new content on the way.
Season 9 brings the fright again for Halloween: From spooky map overhauls to a frightening ‘Nightmare’ theme, the devs are going all in for the 2021 spectacle.
CoD Mobile Season 9: release date & time
The CoD Mobile Season 9 update arrived on Thursday, October 21 at 5PM PT / 8PM ET / 1AM BST (October 22). Players were immediately able to jump in and access all the latest spooky content in the handheld title.
CoD Mobile Season 9 Nightmare theme
As The Haunting takes over in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, the Nightmare is taking over CoD Mobile.
CoD Mobile Season 9’s theme is a chilling one as the Halloween celebrations take full effect. From creepy skins to scary menus, every aspect of CoD Mobile has been tweaked to provide a true Nightmare-inducing experience.
New CoD Mobile Season 9 maps
No different from every recent season, CoD Mobile Season 9 has brought with it some interesting new maps.
First up is Hovec Sawmill, another map from 2019’s Modern Warfare making the jump to CoD Mobile. This medium-sized map features multiple lanes, a mix of verticality, and opportunities for both indoor and outdoor engagements.
Fitting the Halloween theme, the CoD Mobile rendition has Hovec Sawmill set at night, so be sure to crank your brightness up.
🆕📍New location disclosed & incoming!
— Call of Duty: Mobile (@PlayCODMobile) October 15, 2021
Next is the return of Halloween Standoff in CoD Mobile Season 9. While the original version of the map quickly became a fan favorite, the yearly Halloween overhaul has become iconic.
Halloween Standoff functions just the same way as before, though CoD Mobile devs have teased “new content” in this year’s iteration of the famous map. We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we learn of any new features or easter eggs.
👍 And of course we can’t forget about this one.
— Call of Duty: Mobile (@PlayCODMobile) October 16, 2021
New weapons in CoD Mobile Season 9
Two new weapons have arrived in CoD Mobile’s Season 9 update and both should be familiar to longtime fans of the series.
Up first is the Thumper, a deadly Grenade Launcher that’s featured in numerous mainline CoD titles. Scoring a direct hit with a projectile from the Thumper will secure a single-shot kill more often than not. Next, we have a more recent addition joining the mix in CoD Mobile Season 9 as the Swordfish Tactical Rifle will soon be available. Players will be able to grab this classic gun at Tier 21 of the Season 9 Battle Pass.
This four-round burst weapon first appeared in Black Ops 4 and while it may have a slow rate of fire, it packs one hell of a punch in any gunfight.
CoD Mobile Season 9 Battle Pass
As players have come to expect with each new season in CoD Mobile, another fresh Battle Pass is indeed available to grind in Season 9.
The first battle pass reveal came on October 18, with devs confirming a new Operator Skill for the rewards track. The TAK 5 Operator Skill – unlocked at Tier 14 – instantly gets your entire team back to full health, and even overheals an extra 50 HP on top.
Free Battle Pass
- Scythe Time – Sticker (tier 1)
- Ninja – Dark Flower (tier 8)
- New Operator Skill TAK-5 (tier 14)
- Charm – Cymbal Monkey (Tier 16)
- New Weapon Swordfish (tier 21)
- Pharo – Covenant (tier 28)
- PDW-57 – Covenant (tier 31)
- M4 – Covenant (tier 36)
- Fields of the Fallen Calling Card (tier 46)
- Striker – Covenant (tier 50)
- Artery – Nosferatu (tier 1)
- UL736 – Gourd Loader (tier 1)
- On the Prowl Calling Card (tier 1)
- Charm – Zom-bale (tier 1)
- HS0405 – Skeletal Ignition (tier 10)
- Iskra – Arachnis (tier 12)
- Generous Giver Emote (tier 15)
- Peacekeeper MK2 – Spine Rattle (tier 30)
- Nikto – Scarecrow (tier 35)
- PP19 Bizon – Haunted Haystack (tier 40)
- Swordfish – MKII (tier 50)
- Rott – Tomb Bound (tier 50)
We’ll keep you updated here with a full rundown on the CoD Mobile Season 9 Battle Pass once more details emerge now that the patch is live.
New CoD Mobile Battle Royale class in CoD Mobile Season 9
Get ready to soar through the skies in CoD Mobile’s battle royale playlist. ‘Pumped’ is an all-new class that’s landed in the Season 9 patch; one that gives your character a functioning jet pack.
With the Power Jump Active Skill and the Pump Up Passive Skill you’re able to leap into the air and reach new heights. Not only does this completely buff your mobility, but it also lets you fire on enemies from new angles.
⬆👍 Better vertical = more advantage!
— Call of Duty: Mobile (@PlayCODMobile) October 18, 2021
CoD Mobile Season 9 Trick or Treat event
It wouldn’t be a new CoD Mobile season without a new limited-time event. As Season 9 is doubling down on its Halloween theme, the latest mode is a trick-or-treat special.
All you have to do is “go door to door,” visiting your friend’s rooms online. Upon interacting with them, you’ll either be tricked or treated. If you land on a trick, you have to complete “an in-game task to get your candy.” But if you’re treated, that candy becomes available right away.
Every treat hands you some event XP to get you closer to unlocking each seasonal reward.
New Drop Zone multiplayer mode in CoD Mobile Season 9
The devs have added a new multiplayer experience in CoD Mobile too: Drop Zone has finally arrived in Season 9.
Players have to fight for control over a specific Drop Zone that’s constantly rotating around any given map. By controlling the Drop Zone, teams can then earn Scorestreaks that will quickly drop in from above.
Undead Siege returns in CoD Mobile Season 9
After its introduction in August, Undead Siege has finally returned to CoD Mobile. Not only is the popular Zombies mode back in action in Season 9, but devs have revealed some fresh changes to keep players on their toes.
Dropping into the Isolated Battle Royale map, those in the casual playlist will notice more of a challenge right away. Zombie spawns have been increased and enemies will now dynamically spawn across both casual and hard modes.
Moreover, expect to find plenty of new secrets and easter eggs scattered throughout the mode.
Full CoD Mobile Season 9 patch notes
Multiplayer mode and survival mode
CR-56 AMAX (equipped with M67 magazine):
- Reduced the range, the first range was adjusted from 36M to 30M, and the second range was adjusted from 51M to 42.5M
- Reduced the damage on the upper arm from 62 to 48
- Slightly increased vertical recoil.
- Increased the basic movement speed of the base gun from 0.6 to 0.65
- Increased the reload speed of the base gun from 3 to 2.5
- Increased the basic bullet velocity of the multiplayer mode from 600 to 900
- Heavy long barrel – Reduced the movement speed penalty from 4% to -2%
- 300 RTC-30 rounds magazine: Replaced the bullet speed increasing effect with a silencer effect; ADS speed -8% → -3%
- 300 RTC-double-row 40 rounds magazine: Replaced bullet speed increasing effect with silence effect; added bomb reload speed +10%; movement speed -2% → -1%
- Fixed the issue of BSA Mod not working in Battle Royale.
- Reduce the horizontal recoil of the base Gun
- Reduced hip fire spread of the base gun from 0.08 to 0.06, reduce the minimum 0.15 to 0.14
- Increase the damage of the upper body: Arm 26 increased to 28 Chest 28 increased to 31 Head 31 increased to 33
- Marksman Long Barrel: Horizontal recoil increased from -3.2% to -8%
- Ranger Long Barrel: Horizontal recoil force increased from -3.2% to -6%
- Strike Stock: Horizontal recoil force increased from -3.2% Increased to -6%
- Increased base gun damage range from 10m to 14m.
- Base gun damage increased from 25-22-20-19 to 28-24-20-19
- Base gun movement speed increased from 1.04 to 1.06
- Base gun ADS speed increased from 0.448 to 0.4
- Adjusted base gun’s recoil
- Reduced the movement speed of the 50-round magazine from -1% to -1.5%
- Reduced the movement speed of the 60-round magazine from -1.5% to -2.5%
- Adjusted the recoil of the base gun to make it more controllable during continuous firing
Perk – Disabled:
- After adding disabled perk for assault rifles and light machine guns hitting anywhere in the body will reduce the movement speed.
Battle Royale Mode
- Reduced base gun damage from 30-24-16-15 to 25-21-18-16
- Increased the vertical recoil of the first shot by 50%
- Bullet spread during continuous firing has been increased by 35% starting from second shot
- Fixed the bug that SKS bullets do not require bullet velocity in BR mode.
- The explosion damage of the Sam turret has been greatly increased from 198 to 385
- The score of the SAM Turret has been slightly reduced from 850 to 660.
- Increased the number of drones from 4 to 6. We’ve increased the number of drones to improve Swarm’s cost-effectiveness.
- Reduced the score of Napalm from 1500 to 1190
- Slightly reduced the score of rapid air strikes from 1050 to 850
- Increased missile explosion range from 10 meters to 15 meters.