Monark, the “new school RPG” from former Megami Tensei and Shin Megami Tensei series staff, will launch on October 14 in Japan, according to the description of the trailer inadvertently published ahead of the game’s planned reveal on June 10 by publisher FuRyu.
Pre-orders include a special soundtrack album CD and in-game item downloadable content (two exclusive costumes for the protagonist, one exclusive equipment).
Here is a first look at the protagonist, who is voiced by Gakuto Kajiwara:
The game’s theme song, “Nihil,” is composed by Iori Kanzaki and sung by KAF. The background music, “Hi no Jouri,” is composed by Tsukasa Masuko.
Both the four-minute debut trailer and six-minute background music introduction video are scheduled to premiere on June 10 at 12:00 JST. The description and thumbnails have since been updated to remove the leaked information.
Platforms are still to be confirmed.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.